Monday, February 23, 2009

Ledger Not Acknowledged in Memory Song at the Oscars

When Queen Latifah performed at the Oscars last nite, it was outstanding. The way she put it before singing, that these are friends of the people sitting in the room, not just actors that the general public knows them as. I do really think that did need to be said. To you and I they are just that, actors. To actors and other movie moguls, they are friends.

I was a little disappointed that Heath Ledger was not shown in the slideshow that was put together. I was for sure that they would probably end it with his work instead of Paul Newman's, afterall, he did win an Oscar that evening for his work in The Dark Knight.

I will admit, I loved Ledger's work. I first really noticed him in the 1999 film 10 Things I Hate About You and have been following his career ever since. The man was quite and strong, how can people not love those quailities in a man??

So while the Oscars did a grand job with the evening, I just though they could have done a little better. Remember the one that passed that not only were they were honoring that nite with an Oscar but also with a piece in the slideshow as well.

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber~
    Thank you very much. :)

    KC~
    Whew, I am glad I wasn't smoking something and missed it. I just thought it was very strange.

    ReplyDelete