Monday, February 16, 2009

Confusion Sets In

I am not sure how to even handle this one. Should I be the bigger person and good Christian (yes, I do actually have some morals) and suck it up and just deal with it or should I just keep walking from the situation because it is a bad one?

It can be a touchy situation. My husband and I are invited to attend a gathering. I want my husband to go and he will be going, but the question is, should I go?

The reason for the big question mark is because I don't even speak to these people. Actually, people have gone out of their way not to speak with me in the past, so since than, I have just chosen not to attend these events and gatherings. Because honestly, why would you spend a majority of your day someplace you are not even welcome.

Some people may say, bury the hatchet and just suck it up. The thing is, the hatchet is never really buried. People will say things behind one another's back but never confront the person and than when everyone is all in the same location at the same time either they will just totally ignore one another or act like nothing was ever said and put on such a fake happiness about it.

I am just tired of the whole scene. It really can be exhausting to be a part of it. But now I am wondering should I just continue to walk away from the situation because all the relationships in the circle are just unhealthy or should I be the bigger person and put up with it? There is no way that I can even try to mend the situation because too many people have been hurt, etc.

What would you do??

No comments:

Post a Comment