Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Eliminating Debt

Alright who has it. Or should the question be, who doesn't have it?

I am going to put myself out there and start a month to month tracking of my debt until all of our credit cards are gone. By the word our I am referring to my husband and I.

So this is what we have as of today:

MC (2.9% until 2-10): $5,087.13
Visa (2.9% for life of transfer): $5,054.71
Major Dept. Store (0% until 4-09): $328.14
Major Dept. Store (0% until 3-09): $786.21
Major Dept. Store: $55.19

As you can see, we have some decent interest rates at the moment so hopefully that will help!!!

This will be a once a month update that will have a label to track how I am doing. Of course this does not include the car and mortgage. And just a tidbit, I always pay at least $10 more on on mortgage principal than is require just so I can feel a little good about myself.

1 comment:

  1. This is actually a decent idea. Other than putting your personal stuff out there like that (I have "real life" friends who read my stuff) it would be a great way to hold yourself accountable...

    ReplyDelete