Friday, July 31, 2009

Vick should be banned for life...

I say this simply because firest and foremost I am a baseball fan. Michael Vick committed a horrible crime. He ran a fighting dog outfit! They even had bait dogs (smaller dogs that are put into the rings so the fighters can kill those dogs and get an ego boost).

I hear a lot of NFL players being interviewed saying his plenty has been harsh enough and that he should come back to football and no team should worry about the stigma that he may carry with him for now because he is a great player. Hmmmm, I wonder why MLB hasn't taken that stand with Pete Rose.

You know Pete Rose right, the guy who got kicked out of MLB FOR LIFE because he bet on baseball (he did bet on his team to win) even though he is the all time leader in hits, games playes, at bats and outs. Not only was he kicked out of baseball for life, MLB has also made this man of many accomplishments permanently ineligible for the Hall of Fame.

So as a baseball fan, it baffles me that Vick is not only being allowed to play in the NFL shortly after his release from prison but is being welcomed back by the members of the NFL with open arms. Are you kidding me?!?!

It just goes to show me who has higher standards when it comes to pro sports. I say sure let Vick back into the NFL, after he is used as bait for a fighting dog...several times over.

No comments:

Post a Comment