Monday, July 13, 2009

Design Bug

I want to re-design my living room. Why, I have no freaking clue. Plus I know it is probably not going to happen soon. That is probably the reason I would like to design it right now.

don't get me wrong, right now it is fine. But we do need a new sofa and with a new sofa comes with picking ou the exact thing to match your decor. Which to me means, re-design. Holla.

For those that know me know that I love the ocean and water. I would live in Maui or Santa Cruz if given the chance. My soul and heart belong on the West Coast and I know this.

So here is the rug that will be the inspiration to my living room:
























It just soothes me for some reason. I am not a dark colour person at all when it comes to rooms. I normally go for things open and airy but this is totally workable and it reminds of the ocean. I look at it and can almost smell the salt water air and think of the inky blues when you are a mile out at sea in a SCUBA boat. Sigh. To be a mermaid!

Now who has the $500 to give to me so I can buy that rug?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I love that rug! And a nice grayish blue color would look great on the walls with it, and still wouldn't be too dark (not that you asked though). Can't wait to see it in your redesigned living room. :)

    ReplyDelete