Thursday, July 30, 2009

Give me an I...give me a U....give me a D

What's that spell...IUD!

First off you have to know my stance on children...I don't want any. Now qait a minute befor eyou start judging and all that other BS that comes from a woman saying that she doesn't want to have kids...ever. I don't judge the women that want to be mothers. I don't look at them and ask why they want to be a mom. They have their reasons, just like I have mine.

So I decided to get an IUD put in. YAY! This means no pills, rings, patches, etc., for 5 years! Yes, 5 whole years. Woot. Than after those 5 years I can get another one no problem. You have to love a 5 year birth control plan. Best yet, it is covered by my insurance and is put in during just an office visit, which means everything will only cost me $20 out of pocket. Holla!!

The one bad thing about an IUD (please stop reading is you are grossed out easily) is that they have to be put in while you are on your period. Yes, this grosses me out even. I mean seriously as a woman that is the one time of the month you avoid going to your OBGYN and you just want me to hop up in those stirrups and be like alright let's do this while I am on my period. Ewwwwww. But if that is what I have to do, than so be it.

But here is the Catch 22...your doctor is going out on vacation for a week when you call to schedule your appointment (don't call until you have your first day appointment). Ugh. This frustrates me a little that I have to wait another month to get my IUD but I am sure it will be worth it in the end. Holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment