Friday, January 30, 2009

Whatever You Do Don't Press THAT Button

At least not in 20 degree weather at 6:30am. Why is that you ask, because your moon roof that you just had installed may not close back up.

Yep, that is exactly what happened to me this morning. I should have known with the way my morning started out. I forgot to set my alarm and woke up 10 minutes later than what I normally do. So after taking the quickest shower known to man and buzzing around the house like a chicken with my head cut off I get in my car and off to work I go.

I just got my car back from the dealer yesterday. I had leather, heated seats (thank God for today) and a moon roof installed. So there is brand me button that is screaming PUSH ME! So guess what, I did!

It opened wonderfully. I just smiled. And than that is when it happened. I pushed the close button and a little click and nothing. Huh, I pushed it again and held it down to override the system. Again the click and nothing. Sigh. I am almost in tears at this point because I have 15 miles left on my commute to work.

I get to work and park my car in our warehouse (again thankful that it is not out in the elements right now). I call the dealer's personal cell phone and he was probably still in bed. So I have to wait until 8am when the custom instaall place opens. I call them and they run me through some things to try and get it to close before I have to drive the 20 some miles to their store. Guess what, still can't get it to close!

So at 11am, I get to drive to Creve Coeur from downtown with my moon roof open all the way. Thankfully they say it will only take about an hour to fix and I should be on my erry little way, hopefully never to return.

So if you see a red Altima cruising along 70 today with the moon roof open just smile and wave as you know it will be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment