Thursday, January 29, 2009

Can't Shut It Off

Have you ever had your mind race and there is nothing that you can do to shut it off?

I hate when that happens to me and I am going through that right now. It is like my mind hopped into a Lamborghini Murcielago and took off on the autobahn only to gain speed the further it goes never stopping to refuel.

Now since you have the entire jist of it...you can only imagine how horrible it is to have my mind racing in one direction. Oh yeah, did I fail to mention that there are no brakes. :) Damn the luck.

It isn't that it is a horrible thought that my mind is racing with, it is the mere fact that I can become obessed with it. I have that problem. Some may call it needy, I call it screwed up. But than again, aren't we all?!?

There has to be an end to the road somewhere ahead and I am so looking for an exit coming up at anytime because it just isn't fun anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Been there... The best thing to do in these situations is deep breathing/yoga stuff. Work on slowing down your body so that your mind can slow down with it. There are good meditation podcasts as well that aid in redirecting your thoughts until your head is clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never even though of that! What a great suggestion. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete