Saturday, January 24, 2009

But I Don't Want to Be Broken...

And we all know what people want and what people get are two different things.

While in Mexico last year, I threw out my back while picking up my SCUBA gear. This was on the second day of a 8 day trip. I was in pain the entire time we were down there. I would take 2 baths a day in order to get things loose so I could go out and enjoy the day. It didn't hurt once I got going, but if I sat too long, I locked up.

I had hurt my back before, but never like this. Usually after a couple days, the pain went away and I was back to my old self again. Well, in mid December I was speaking to a friend of mine who gave me the name of a chriopracter who is more like a physical therapist for sprts medicine. I made the appointment for early January, while suffering through an entire month of pain.

The day I went to see this doctor changed my life, no seriously it did. I am not calling him a miracle worker by any means, he just knows what he is doing and is damn good at it. He pinpointed my problems not to my back at all, but to my hips. My hips are not working properly which in turns makes my back work overtime which is also casuing pain in my shoulder. That is how much I am straining my body through everyday use by not using my hips!! Insane.

He worked out my back, gave me a few exercises and off I went on my merry little way with an appointment to see him the week after. I went home that evening and had no pain at all. What he did in his office combined with my exercises worked that well immediately. I was highly impressed and now I am hooked.

He has to work to get my hips straight again (I have now been seeing him once a week for three weeks). And we are making progress. I also need to strengthen muscles in my ab region as well as my shoulder region with simple basic exercises.

I am a trainwreck and hopefully in three months I will no longer have my hip problems, retrain my diaphragm, reduce my rib flare and fix my shoulder. And i truly think that he and I working together can accomplish that.

I am very thankful for my friend that recommended him. After years of wear and tear I did on my body with sports, I have found someone that can put me back together again!

If anyone would like my doctor's information, please message me or leave a comment. He is amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment