Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Idea Of You

My boy Dave Matthews has an amazing song...The Idea Of You.

Have you ever fell hard for the idea of someone. Goodness, I know I have...several times and heck probably a couple times with the same person. How crazy is that. For those that know me, it is to be expected though.

I love the idea of people and what could be. Isn't it a fun ride to let your mind go on, just thinking about the what ifs and letting yourself get lost in it? What a fantasy, but that is truly what it is, only a fantasy, because those people can rarely be the idea of what you think of them. In those amazing cases though, they are simply more.

I had that happen to me the other day. I adored the idea of someone and I found out that they are much more than just the idea that I knew and came to cherish over the past years. Once I was hit with that realization it took me a couple moments to bounce back. I was so stunned that I was actually called out on it. I still remember how hot my face got when that happened.

The idea of everything made everything such a bold reality. Fuzzy lines became so sharp and crisp, these lines were hardly ever there before and here they were staring me right in the face. I could see every little detail that had been made obscure had a bright light shining upon it so that I could not only see and register it, but also remember it.

The Idea of this person was a lot better I must say. The idea let's us hold onto something that may not be ours and something that may not even truly exisit in the first place. Once you lose that idea you face the reality of a person and the reality is something to be cherished as well but it usually not what you think it is.

The idea is so much more romantic, thrilling, passionate, endearing...I could go on but won't.

So here is to the Idea of You and the reality that you are. Equally important and cherished always!

1 comment:

  1. Just the title reminds me of one of my favouritest Cole Porter songs: I Get A Kick Out Of You. Look up a version by Louis Armstrong, or Frank Sinatra (or the 50 other singers -- it's probably the most covered song ever :P)

    ReplyDelete