Monday, August 10, 2009

I Thought Nothing Would Be Different

Seriously, I thought turning 30 wouldn't be any different than any other birthday. And while it is nothing huge, just saying that I am 30 is going to take some getting use to I have come to find out.

I wasn't a the kind of person to dread being 30. I actually looked at it as something to embrace and look forward to. It is a whole new chapter in my life and it is going to be an amazing one for sure. But the first time that someone asks me how old I am and I have to say 30, it will feel different.

I don't feel old, I don't look old and I know I am not old and I know that thirty isn't even old. Afterall, thirty is the new twenty.

I think it hit me yesterday while I was at the movies (by the way GI Joe is amazing) when I was going back to my seat and I noticed a guy checking me out, great boost for the ego right there. I thought, hmmmm, he looks like he is in his twenties and I wonder if he even realizes he is eyeing a thirty year old. HA! How insane right?!? Yea, but that is how I roll.

So here is to another thirty years!! Holla.

1 comment:

  1. UR funny.
    of course it's different! Welcome to the Club! :-)

    ReplyDelete