Thursday, March 12, 2009

Asking For Your Support

Yes, I know this is not the year to ask for your donations, etc. but I am going to put it out there anyway. After all, it is 100% tax deductible and everyone loves getting that kick back.

I am participating in The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. What exactly is the Relay for Life? It is a relay that spans over 12 hours, yes, 12 hours. The 12 hours represent the stages of cancer from one’s journey from it being a beautiful sunny day, than the darkness of the battle, the darkest hour before the dawn and finally the sunrise and birth of a new day and new hope. Pretty powerful if you ask me and I can’t wait to be a part of it.

My team has four survivors, one being a three time survivor. What an amazing group of people and I am honored to be able to take to the track with them, fighting for a cure.

You may ask why I am doing this. It is simple, I had a scare with cancer in the past year and can’t imagine how differently my life would be if things had turned out differently. Seven tumors were found and thankfully they were benign. I could not even imagine how different my life would be if I were fighting for it all before my 30th birthday.

So please, support me and help find a cure for cancer. If you can make a donation of any amount, no matter how big or small, visit my personal donation site.

No comments:

Post a Comment