Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh Joy

So the upcoming weekend is one that I am dreading. J's best friend is getting married...for the second time. This upcoming Saturday is the bachlor party. It isn't so much that I mind the bachelor party and all that jazz, but I am wondering why for #2. That part I just don't get. I mean J didn't get one because we were married in Hawaii so no one bothered, which still kind of ticks me off but that is a different subject entirely.

So I am not a stickler for bachelor parties at all. I really think guys should go out and have a great time like us women do. And trust me I had a BALL on mine. So J told me the planand it was along the long of golf than back for a poker tourney that involved a lot of drinking. His friend really ins't a bar or strip club kind of guy so no biggie. J mentioned crashing over there since he will more than likely be drunk. I would rather him be safe than out on the road after drinking so all things are good on that front...for the time being.

Well, this guys' fiance is having her party on the same nite. She and all of her girlfriends are going out to bars to get trashed and do gods know what else besides drink if you catch my drift.
I have always had a problem with this woman, (bac k story) she tried to hook J up with one of her friends (who he was seeing before he and I started dating)right when J and I moved into together. This was after she asked me how our relationship was going and if I was serious about him etc. I told her that I was very happy and that we were actually living together. Guess what happened later that nite when I left...she tried to hook him up with her friend. That pissed me off to no end right there and I have never really been able to see past that from now on because you just don't do that to someone.

So J tells me her plan and that she is going to have her girls spend the nite at the house as well. Big red flag just went up for me. I asked him if Ms. X is going to be there and he said he didn't know but maybe.

I am sorry I just don't feel comfortable with J spending the nite at his friends house with a bunch of drunk women there not to mention that one of them the bride to be tried to hook him up with not caring that he had a live in girlfriend at the time.

Am I sounding pyscho or should I put my foot down on this one? And by putting my foot down I mean I would pick him up from the party around midnite or so.

What would you do?

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely pick him up. There's no way I would let my husband get trashed and spend the night at a house with a bunch of other trashed women - especially if there's one he has sort of a history with - and I'm not there. It's not that I don't trust my husband, but I don't trust drunk women with my husband. Nor do I trust him to particularly good at warding off drunk women when he's having a hard enough time standing up. :)

    ReplyDelete